The CFVI Friends and Family Project has been completed – on June 29,2021
- Purchase of the Mini-skid steerer with multiple attachments for trail building
- IMBA Trail Building Coarse Education for 3 Operators
- A heavy duty dumping utility trailer
- Onsite operation in-service
- Plus other items – shipping, safety equipment, outdoor cover
- A container to store the equipment (we chose to empty out an existing trailer that was full of cans for recycling. Volunteers worked to sort, carry, & bale cans in order to utilize the space)
CFVI Friends and Family Grant Awards to be Announced Nov 4, 2020
A grant application has been submitted for the Friends and Family Grant Opportunity to meet trail grooming and maintenance needs. If successful this funding would provide the needed advanced motorized equipment needed so that VITAL can manage existing trails and expand the trial network on the Island of St. Croix. These tools would also allow for projects on other Islands in the Territory.
Funding would also allow for proper signage along trails, mapping, rest areas and historical information. VITAL’s dirt trail focus is located on and around the Windsor Farm Area and along the Spring Gut Road.
Funding will be used to expand pedestrian and mountain bike access to trails and enhance the capability of trail building and maintenance to support the need for an benefit of green spaces.
It is time to create World Class Trails and Recreational Spaces for Public Use.