VITAL Goals for 2019
GAIN SUPPORT FROM GOVERNOR ALBERT BRYAN AND COMMISSIONERS, ADVANCE PROJECTS AND EXPAND COLLABORATIVE PARTNERS:
- Continue to work in partnership with the Commissioner of DPW, Nelson Petty, Assistant Commissioner, Denis Brow and Staff.
- Meet with the Commissioner of Health, J. Encarnacion to gain support for the Pathway Projects and to continue to work as a major team member of the St. Croix Walkability Team with the DOH.
- Meet with the Commissioner of Agriculture, Positive Nelson to continue collaborative work with the Forestry Dept. and Urban & Community Forestry Programs.
- Prepare a report outlining the progress and goals for the Pathways and Park projects around St. Croix, for submission to the Infrastructure Sector created by Governor Albert Bryan, and as proposed to VITAL by Karl Knight.
- Meet and work with St. Croix Administrator, Samuel Sanes to advance pedestrian infrastructure for St. Croix. To gain assistance with the introduction of the wide-based community initiative to other department commissioners.
- Continue to coordinate and strengthen the Steering Committee to advance projects along the proposed route of the pathway around St. Croix in collaboration with community partners.
- Prepare for submitting an application to fund “The Planning of New Pathway Projects”, when the announcement is released by the Housing Finance Authority under the direction of the Executive Director, Daryl Griffith and team.
- Prepare for the Island visit of the NPS, RTCA (River, Trails & Conservation) Regional Director, Jamie Doubek-Racine. This visit was postponed due to the Federal Government Shutdown. It is now scheduled for March and will include a site visit and an in-person working session with the Steering Committee.
- Continue to build trails on public and private contracted lands.
- Continue to actively seek New Opportunities to advance the projects through collaboration, grant opportunities and funding sources.
- To seek opportunities to work with the community to share and advance the Pathway Projects.
- To present Pathway Projects to the Community, at a non-profit booth during the 2019 Agricultural Fair with partners from the Walkability Island Team and the Urban & Community Forestry program.
- Promote Shovel Ready Projects and increase the number of exiting trails, pathways and Parks on St. Croix each year starting in 2019.